Over the past few years indoor carpet off-road has been jumping to new heights in popularity worldwide. Successful series like EOS and the addition of carpet off-road Races in BC and most recently at the famous IIC Las Vegas have seen off road enthusiasts looking to tackle the carpet. In collaboration, RCGEARS and CARCAR are pleased to announce CICOS (Calgary Indoor Carpet Off-Road Series) starting Sunday December 17 we will be offering 2wd and 4wd 10th scale buggy classes.
Racing will be held at CARCAR’s Facility at Calgary Horseshoe Club 4310 – 78th Ave SE Calgary, Alberta some of the features available:
– 36 x 80 CRC ozite carpet track
– Plenty of pit space available
– Electricity (bring your own cords)
– Full Washroom Facilities for Women and Men
– New challenging layouts each month
– Fun Family atmosphere, all of RC Calgary welcome
– AMB timing system, Personal Transponders are available for loan on practice and race nights
– Free Wifi, Live Broadcasting of Race events will be available soon
Races will be held every other Sunday (official schedule to follow soon) and Practice nights to be held Thursdays.
Members $10.00 first class $5.00 per additional class and free practice nights
Non-Members $15.00 first class, $10.00 per additional class and $5.00 practice nights
If you are a member of any RC club from Calgary or outside, we will be honoring your existing membership and you are entitled to member pricing.
More information to follow on Rules and Regulations, but we look forward to seeing friends and family on Race Day.
Classes: 1/10th 2wd and 4wd Electric Buggies
Batteries: 2S Lipos or 6 cell Nimh, Lipos limited to a max charge of 8.4v
Motors: Both classes are open Motors and Open ESC Settings
Tires: Clay Compound Slicks or tires with next to no tread or pins. If you can feel a sharp edge it will have to be sanded off. Tire examples would be Proline Primes or Jconcepts Smoothies. Any Manufacturer is acceptable.
Traction Compound: Odor free such as SXT. No WD40 or Liquid Wrench type allowed.
1. Chassis protector mandatory. Must cover entire bottom of chassis to cover all screws on bottom of chassis.
2. Shock tower Covers. The cover must completely cover the shock tower and no screw threads can be exposed from the shock mounting screws. If you run your rear wing in a low position where the Shock tower will be exposed to snagging the carpet, it will need a cover also.
3. All wings must have rounded edges.
4. Minimum Ride height of 15mm, Maximum Ride Height of 20mm
1. Qualifiers will have max 8 cars in them and be 6 minutes in length.
2. Single Mains, Max 6 cars plus 2 bumps from lower mains. Length will be 8 Minutes.
Most important Rule, HAVE FUN!!!!!
Feel free to contact us by using the form below.